- who we are.
- how and why we collect, store and use your personal information.
- your rights in relation to your personal information.
- how to contact us if you have a complaint.
Who we are
Hawksworth Engineering collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When registering for an account.
When making a purchase.
When signing up for our news letter.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To identify you and manage the account you hold with us.
To process your orders.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
6 years to satisfy UK tax laws.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures include the following examples:
User account access is controlled by a unique username and password.
All data is stored on secure servers encrypted using SSL.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you of any suspected data security breach should it happen.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
1. Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold.
If you would like a copy of this information please:
- Write to us (using the contact details below).
- Please provide us with two proofs of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility bill).
- There is a charge of £5.00 for this information request, payment must be included.
2. Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge.
If you would like to do this, please:
- log into your account and make the changes yourself or
- contact us using the contact details below.
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, address, account number, user name).
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
3. Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below).
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links.
Unit 2, 221 Sunbridge Road
Telephone: +44 1274 738800